There’s just over a month to go for you to have your say on the proposed new approach to working with communities.
The consultation is taking place until noon on 1 September and full details are on www.leics.gov.uk/communities_strategy.
The council is carrying out a consultation on how it will
• Help people and communities to support themselves and vulnerable people, reducing the demand on public services
• Devolve services – increase the ability of community groups to take over, or work more closely with services currently delivered by the council
• Ensure voluntary groups support the council to deliver its priorities on service devolution and help for vulnerable people. More »
From 7 April until noon on 7 July 2014 Leicestershire County Council is consulting on the library service. Full details can be found online at: www.leics.gov.uk/haveyoursay/futurelibraries.
Due to demand we have arranged a further community partnership workshop in Huncote: -
• Wednesday 2 July: The Pavilion, Sportsfield Lane, Huncote, LE9 3BN
Start at 6.15pm and finish at 8.30pm. Doors open from 6.00pm.
You can register by emailing email@example.com or call 0116 305 7034.
The proposed community partnership library service would enable community groups and organisations to manage their local library in partnership with the county council. The library is staffed and managed by volunteers with support, such as book stock, training and IT maintenance provided by the county council. More »
The County Council Cabinet decided on June 17th 2014 that County Council support for the Community Forums in their current form will cease with immediate effect. The attached extract from the relevant Cabinet paper refers.
The Cabinet thanked local residents and in particular Chairmen of the Forums past and present, for their time and commitment in supporting the Forums over the past six years.
The decision was taken in the context of the launch of a consultation on the County Council’s new Communities Strategy
A consultation has launched for residents and stakeholders to have their say on the proposed new approach to working with communities.
The consultation is taking place from June 23rd until noon on September 1st and full details and to complete the survey visit www.leics.gov.uk/communities_strategy or by clicking the above link.
The council is launching 10 weeks of consultation, on how it will:
• Help people and communities to support themselves and vulnerable people, reducing the demand on public services More »
• Devolve services - increase the ability of community groups to take over, or work more closely with, services currently delivered by the council
• Ensure voluntary groups support the council to deliver its priorities on service devolution and help for vulnerable people.
For more information about the Communities Strategy consultation, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0116 305 7034 » Less