Do you live in or around Measham?
Have skills or hobbies you would like to share with your local community?
If so, why not drop along to the Volunteer Drop-In Event at Measham Library on Friday 10th June.
Between 10am and 1pm you can:-
- Find out how to share your hobbies & interests in your community
- Learn about the Community Capacity Building project in Measham
- Sign up to volunteer
Contact: email@example.com or call 07815 447632 for further details.
enable has secured funding to run free training for staff and volunteers working for charities, voluntary and community organisations in Leicester and Leicestershire.
Please see link below to access the flier with additional information and contact details.
The first Your SHIRE Community Grant Support Workshops are set to take place very soon:
- Tuesday 23rd September at Kibworth High School, Smeeton Road, Kibworth LE8 0LG
- Thursday 25th September at County Hall, Leicester Road, Glenfield LE3 8RA
If you would like to discuss a project idea in more detail, require assistance to fill out an application or would just like to know more, you can drop in at any time between 6:30pm and 8:30pm.
The Your SHIRE Community Grant is a new approach to helping local groups and organisations to provide community services and activities that support, young, old or vulnerable people, help promote their independence and reduce demand for public services. More »
There’s just over a month to go for you to have your say on the proposed new approach to working with communities.
The consultation is taking place until noon on 1 September and full details are on www.leics.gov.uk/communities_strategy.
The council is carrying out a consultation on how it will
- Help people and communities to support themselves and vulnerable people, reducing the demand on public services
- Devolve services – increase the ability of community groups to take over, or work more closely with services currently delivered by the council
- Ensure voluntary groups support the council to deliver its priorities on service devolution and help for vulnerable people.
For full details and to complete the survey visit www.leics.gov.uk/communities_strategy.