Harborough District Council are offering a Staying Healthy grant fund which is an opportunity for community and voluntary groups, not for profit organisations and social enterprises to apply for up to £2000 to deliver health and well being projects within the Harborough District. The deadline is Friday September 12th at noon. Use the link for more details: -
Any applications should demonstrate how they meet one or more of the following; More »
- Improved self reported mental health
- Increased awareness of Dementia and increased amount of dementia sufferers accessing services
- Decrease rural isolation
- Aid older people in living longer in their homes
- Increased number of children, young people and adults being active.
- Reduce prevalence of smoking, alcohol and substance misuse.
- Reduce % of obese individuals
Please contact Hollie Hutchinson on the contact details below if you would like further information.
Telephone: 01858 821289
Email: email@example.com » Less
There’s just over a month to go for you to have your say on the proposed new approach to working with communities.
The consultation is taking place until noon on 1 September and full details are on www.leics.gov.uk/communities_strategy.
The council is carrying out a consultation on how it will
• Help people and communities to support themselves and vulnerable people, reducing the demand on public services
• Devolve services – increase the ability of community groups to take over, or work more closely with services currently delivered by the council
• Ensure voluntary groups support the council to deliver its priorities on service devolution and help for vulnerable people. More »
The Leicestershire Rural Partnership are holding two consultation events to enable them to work together with stakeholders to develop a bid which if successful will help them to support rural businesses and communities in East Leicestershire.
The two consultation events will be held on:-
Tuesday, 5th August, 6:30-8:45 @ Kibworth Grammar School Hall, LE8 0EW Wednesday, 6th August, 6:30-8:45 @ Waltham on the Wolds Village Hall, LE14 4AG
If you are a business or community group and would like to take part, please email Daniel.Fowell@leics.gov.uk or call 0116 3053378, specifying which event you would like to event. More »
From 7 April until noon on 7 July 2014 Leicestershire County Council is consulting on the library service. Full details can be found online at: www.leics.gov.uk/haveyoursay/futurelibraries.
Due to demand we have arranged a further community partnership workshop in Huncote: -
• Wednesday 2 July: The Pavilion, Sportsfield Lane, Huncote, LE9 3BN
Start at 6.15pm and finish at 8.30pm. Doors open from 6.00pm.
You can register by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0116 305 7034.
The proposed community partnership library service would enable community groups and organisations to manage their local library in partnership with the county council. The library is staffed and managed by volunteers with support, such as book stock, training and IT maintenance provided by the county council. More »