The first Your SHIRE Community Grant Support Workshops are set to take place very soon:
- Tuesday 23rd September at Kibworth High School, Smeeton Road, Kibworth LE8 0LG
- Thursday 25th September at County Hall, Leicester Road, Glenfield LE3 8RA
If you would like to discuss a project idea in more detail, require assistance to fill out an application or would just like to know more, you can drop in at any time between 6:30pm and 8:30pm.
The Your SHIRE Community Grant is a new approach to helping local groups and organisations to provide community services and activities that support, young, old or vulnerable people, help promote their independence and reduce demand for public services. More »
Local Anstey resident, Philip Knight, has arranged a public meeting to discuss the future of Anstey library.
He is calling for people who are willing to volunteer to work in a library, as well as those wishing to be involved in setting it up.
The meeting was held in Anstey’s Jubilee Hall on Monday 11th August at 7:00pm.
If you were unable to attend the meeting but still wish to be involved in some way you can email Mr Knight at firstname.lastname@example.org.
There’s just over a month to go for you to have your say on the proposed new approach to working with communities.
The consultation is taking place until noon on 1 September and full details are on www.leics.gov.uk/communities_strategy.
The council is carrying out a consultation on how it will
- Help people and communities to support themselves and vulnerable people, reducing the demand on public services
- Devolve services – increase the ability of community groups to take over, or work more closely with services currently delivered by the council
- Ensure voluntary groups support the council to deliver its priorities on service devolution and help for vulnerable people.
For full details and to complete the survey visit www.leics.gov.uk/communities_strategy.
The Leicestershire Rural Partnership are holding two consultation events to enable them to work together with stakeholders to develop a bid which if successful will help them to support rural businesses and communities in East Leicestershire.
The two consultation events will be held on:-
Tuesday, 5th August, 6:30-8:45 @ Kibworth Grammar School Hall, LE8 0EW Wednesday, 6th August, 6:30-8:45 @ Waltham on the Wolds Village Hall, LE14 4AG
If you are a business or community group and would like to take part, please email Daniel.Fowell@leics.gov.uk or call 0116 3053378, specifying which event you would like to event. More »