Join us at these information sharing events, where we will provide
details about Leicestershire County Council’s Community Forum
Budgets, the Big Society Grant Fund and funding related advice
for community organisations and representatives.
We would like to encourage community members and community
groups to come along to find out more about what the County
Council and its partners are doing to support development of the
Leicestershire County Council is making £320,000 available through the network of 25 Community Forums for local communities to invest in projects of their choice. Residents and community groups can get directly involved and put their project ideas forward, comment on other proposals and vote on their favourites.
If you have an idea for a project that will benefit and improve your local area and your community, now is the time to submit a Project Proposal Form. At Community Forum Budget workshops later this Winter, these ideas will be prioritised for a share of the funds. Before that, there will be a chance to view the project proposals and to make your comments and suggestions. To find out more about how you can get involved, please visit http://www.leicestershireforums.org/cfb or call 0116 30 57034.
On Monday 6 June the Leader and Deputy Leader formally launched the new Big Society Grant Fund
• Leicestershire County Council are looking for projects that:
– Tackle identified community needs
– Demonstrate local community commitment and involvement
– Create active and empowered citizens
• The sort of activities that Big Society Grant Fund can support inc:
– Workshops, training or consultation events to identify community needs
– Technical, legal or specialist advice on running a service or facility
– The production of a Business Plan or feasibility study
– Piloting a service or activity to establish its effectiveness and sustainability More »
• Information about the £340,000 per year grant scheme is now available by selecting the web link above
• Printed application packs are also available, by contacting Andy Hayes 0116 3057269 and/or Noel Singh 0116 3057020.
• Applications assessed by monthly grants panel which meets for the first time in July
• For more information visit: www.leics.gov.uk/bigsociety or by emailing BigSociety@leics.gov.uk. » Less
• Started on 11 April and ends on 24 June.
• Members of the public (not just those who currently use the library service) have been invited to give their views on the proposed changes to the opening times of libraries.
• Please share your views on the proposals by visiting your local library or by using the highlighted link above.