* Do you have a new and exciting project that will make a huge difference to your community?
* Does it have that creative ‘wow’ factor that will make people want to know more?
* This is your chance to win £20,000 for your local project within North West Leicestershire – and applications are open now.
North West Leicestershire District Council are launching the ‘£20,000-for-seven’ campaign as part of their empowering communities agenda. In a competition that will be decided by a public vote, £20,000 is available in each of seven distinct areas of the district. Voters will get to choose one project in each of the seven areas as their favourite. A further seven pots of £10,000 are available for smaller projects district-wide. More »
Applications for ‘£20,000-for-seven’ funding can be made until Monday 29 September.
A drop-in briefing session for community groups and organisations will take place at the Council Offices in Coalville on:
Tuesday 19 August - 3pm to 7pm
Thursday 11 September - 3pm to 7pm.
You do not have to book to attend.
If you are intending to come along please drop us an email to email@example.com so that we have an idea of numbers.
There’s just over a month to go for you to have your say on the proposed new approach to working with communities.
The consultation is taking place until noon on 1 September and full details are on www.leics.gov.uk/communities_strategy.
The council is carrying out a consultation on how it will
• Help people and communities to support themselves and vulnerable people, reducing the demand on public services
• Devolve services – increase the ability of community groups to take over, or work more closely with services currently delivered by the council
• Ensure voluntary groups support the council to deliver its priorities on service devolution and help for vulnerable people. More »
From 7 April until noon on 7 July 2014 Leicestershire County Council is consulting on the library service. Full details can be found online at: www.leics.gov.uk/haveyoursay/futurelibraries.
Due to demand we have arranged a further community partnership workshop in Huncote: -
• Wednesday 2 July: The Pavilion, Sportsfield Lane, Huncote, LE9 3BN
Start at 6.15pm and finish at 8.30pm. Doors open from 6.00pm.
You can register by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0116 305 7034.
The proposed community partnership library service would enable community groups and organisations to manage their local library in partnership with the county council. The library is staffed and managed by volunteers with support, such as book stock, training and IT maintenance provided by the county council. More »
The Oasis is holding two Taster Sessions for young people during the summer break
Aimed at young people from 11 upwards, The Oasis is an ideal place for young people to meet up, chat and chill with friends. Food, drinks, games, music and gaming will be available.
The Summer Taster Sessions will be held on:-
Tuesday 5th August 2-4pm
Friday 15th August 2-4pm
Before The Oasis opens in September.
The Oasis Community Project, 67 Central Road, Hugglescote
For further information contact Lauren on 01530 815121 or email email@example.com