The first Your SHIRE Community Grant Support Workshops are set to take place very soon:
- Tuesday 23rd September at Kibworth High School, Smeeton Road, Kibworth LE8 0LG
- Thursday 25th September at County Hall, Leicester Road, Glenfield LE3 8RA
If you would like to discuss a project idea in more detail, require assistance to fill out an application or would just like to know more, you can drop in at any time between 6:30pm and 8:30pm.
The Your SHIRE Community Grant is a new approach to helping local groups and organisations to provide community services and activities that support, young, old or vulnerable people, help promote their independence and reduce demand for public services. More »
* Do you have a new and exciting project that will make a huge difference to your community?
* Does it have that creative ‘wow’ factor that will make people want to know more?
* This is your chance to win £20,000 for your local project within North West Leicestershire – and applications are open now.
North West Leicestershire District Council are launching the ‘£20,000-for-seven’ campaign as part of their empowering communities agenda. In a competition that will be decided by a public vote, £20,000 is available in each of seven distinct areas of the district. Voters will get to choose one project in each of the seven areas as their favourite. A further seven pots of £10,000 are available for smaller projects district-wide. More »
Applications for ‘£20,000-for-seven’ funding can be made until Monday 29 September.
A drop-in briefing session for community groups and organisations will take place at the Council Offices in Coalville on:
Tuesday 19 August - 3pm to 7pm
Thursday 11 September - 3pm to 7pm.
You do not have to book to attend.
If you are intending to come along please drop us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org so that we have an idea of numbers.
There’s just over a month to go for you to have your say on the proposed new approach to working with communities.
The consultation is taking place until noon on 1 September and full details are on www.leics.gov.uk/communities_strategy.
The council is carrying out a consultation on how it will
- Help people and communities to support themselves and vulnerable people, reducing the demand on public services
- Devolve services – increase the ability of community groups to take over, or work more closely with services currently delivered by the council
- Ensure voluntary groups support the council to deliver its priorities on service devolution and help for vulnerable people.
For full details and to complete the survey visit www.leics.gov.uk/communities_strategy.
From 7 April until noon on 7 July 2014 Leicestershire County Council is consulting on the library service. Full details can be found online at: www.leics.gov.uk/haveyoursay/futurelibraries.
Due to demand we have arranged a further community partnership workshop in Huncote: -
• Wednesday 2 July: The Pavilion, Sportsfield Lane, Huncote, LE9 3BN
Start at 6.15pm and finish at 8.30pm. Doors open from 6.00pm.
You can register by emailing email@example.com or call 0116 305 7034.
The proposed community partnership library service would enable community groups and organisations to manage their local library in partnership with the county council. The library is staffed and managed by volunteers with support, such as book stock, training and IT maintenance provided by the county council. More »