Do you live in or around Measham?
Have skills or hobbies you would like to share with your local community?
If so, why not drop along to the Volunteer Drop-In Event at Measham Library on Friday 10th June.
Between 10am and 1pm you can:-
- Find out how to share your hobbies & interests in your community
- Learn about the Community Capacity Building project in Measham
- Sign up to volunteer
Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org or call 07815 447632 for further details.
enable has secured funding to run free training for staff and volunteers working for charities, voluntary and community organisations in Leicester and Leicestershire.
Please see link below to access the flier with additional information and contact details.
The first Your SHIRE Community Grant Support Workshops are set to take place very soon:
- Tuesday 23rd September at Kibworth High School, Smeeton Road, Kibworth LE8 0LG
- Thursday 25th September at County Hall, Leicester Road, Glenfield LE3 8RA
If you would like to discuss a project idea in more detail, require assistance to fill out an application or would just like to know more, you can drop in at any time between 6:30pm and 8:30pm.
The Your SHIRE Community Grant is a new approach to helping local groups and organisations to provide community services and activities that support, young, old or vulnerable people, help promote their independence and reduce demand for public services. More »
* Do you have a new and exciting project that will make a huge difference to your community?
* Does it have that creative ‘wow’ factor that will make people want to know more?
* This is your chance to win £20,000 for your local project within North West Leicestershire – and applications are open now.
North West Leicestershire District Council are launching the ‘£20,000-for-seven’ campaign as part of their empowering communities agenda. In a competition that will be decided by a public vote, £20,000 is available in each of seven distinct areas of the district. Voters will get to choose one project in each of the seven areas as their favourite. A further seven pots of £10,000 are available for smaller projects district-wide. More »
Applications for ‘£20,000-for-seven’ funding can be made until Monday 29 September.
A drop-in briefing session for community groups and organisations will take place at the Council Offices in Coalville on:
Tuesday 19 August - 3pm to 7pm
Thursday 11 September - 3pm to 7pm.
You do not have to book to attend.
If you are intending to come along please drop us an email to email@example.com so that we have an idea of numbers.