Play Equipment at Riverview
THE GROUP WANT TO BRING SOME NEW AND EXCITING PLAY EQUIPMENT FOR THE YOUNGER MEMBERS OF THE RIVERVIEW ESTATE.
The estate is predominately inhabited by young families who have a need for this type of facility, somewhere they can take their youngsters for play and fun and give parents a chance to relax and interact with other families and residents.
The new pieces will complement the existing facilities which are unsuitable for smaller people and will allow this association to run family events and activities at the play area, outdoors as o[opposed to being held indoors in the Robins Nest building.
The Association feel that play is a vital part of growing up process and that facilities to encourage play need to be accessible to all parents and children.
The Association has carried out a ‘Priority’ Vox Pop with residents and children and far above any other priority; the need for this type of facility was demonstrated.
The Parish Council who owns the land and current equipment made a commitment to this project by making provision in their 2011/2012 budget, as they felt it was needed.
We have letters from local children supporting this need.
Young children and families in the village will have an easy to reach, open all hours facility for social interaction with other members of the community and estate and give provision for health and exercise benefits to the youngsters.
The equipment will be adopted, maintained and inspected by Measham Parish Council, repaired and monitored for usage and suitability.
It is proposed to carry out further consultation with the users and families after a period of 12 months from official opening to measure if the project has been a success.
We intend to keep improving the area we live in for the benefit of the community and will continue to carry out surveys and listen to the needs and desires of our residents, where possible we will set up further projects complimenting the existing facilities that we have.
BREAKDOWN OF PROJECT COSTS
Provision and installation of new facility £16,000
TOTAL PROJECT COSTS
FUNDING REQUESTED FROM COMMUNITY FORUM
FUNDING IN PLACE
Measham Parish Council £5,400
POTENTIAL FURTHER FUNDING
Measham Parish Council 2012/2013 budget £5,400
A steering group has been formed to see this project through and the volunteers hours include:
Parish Clerk, Parish Council Chairman and Member
NWLDC Housing Officer
Tenants & Residents Chair
Residents of the estate
Children involved in design and consultation
These hours work out at approximately 7 per person involved.
What projects are eligible?
Community Forum Budget funding can be used to support a wide range of new and existing projects and activities – the key test is that supported projects and activities will need to show that they are appropriate, feasible and sustainable.
To be appropriate, projects and activities should:
- Provide value for money.
- Be led by an eligible group or organisation (see below).
- Link to one or more of the six priorities of the Leicestershire Sustainable Community Strategy. These priorities are:
- Supporting individuals and families
- Delivering effective services
- Protecting our environment
- Improving our communities
- Enhancing children’s lives
- Developing our economy
To be feasible projects and activities should:
- Be able to spend the funding applied for between January 2012 and 30 June 2012.
- Fulfill all legal requirements and have obtained the consents necessary to deliver the project or activity. These requirements and consents may include planning permission, consent from landowner(s), statutory undertakers and the Highway Authority and regulations relating to health and safety, protection of vulnerable people, wildlife etc.
To be sustainable, projects and activities should:
- Provide some lasting or longer term benefits for the community forum area.
- Ongoing projects should be capable of continuing without reliance on further public funding.