Marlborough Rovers' Changing Room Improvements
Marlborough Rovers is a registered charity and runs 20 teams both male and female ranging in age from 5 to adult. We currently have in excess of 250 young people playing and training.
We play our home matches at Moira Miners Welfare a fabulous facility in terms of pitch quality, accessibility and catering.
However, our changing room facilities are very outdated and require renovation.
Improved facilities would benefit not only our own children but also gives the opportunity to run an U8s league competition every Saturday morning thereby supporting an additional 100 children from other clubs in the area.
The facility is generally run down with showers not working, broken changing benches, damaged walls, ageing toilet facilities etc.
However, of equal importance is our inability to fulfil specific requirements of County Football Association which include:
A separate designated changing area for officials including showers.
Separate changing area and showers for female players.
First Aid room.
The improved facility will benefit up to 250 children and adults currently playing football for Marlborough Rovers.
Additionally the proposed Saturday league would give access to a further 100 players per week from other local clubs.
As a Charter Standard club we are of course fully inclusive and indeed have a thriving girls section.
The grounds are used through the summer for car boot sales, bowls, and croquet all of which will benefit from improved toilet facilities.
We have a longer term project to improve drainage on the site with c.£40k available from the county FA. We need to provide £10k toward that and are well on our way to raising that.
In looking to move to the next level of Charter Standard we will combine with other local clubs to provide competitive football for disabled children.
Obviously the changing / toilet facilities are key to that.
BREAKDOWN OF PROJECT COSTS
The total cost of the works equates to £10,000
TOTAL PROJECT COSTS
FUNDING REQUESTED FROM COMMUNITY FORUM
FUNDING IN PLACE
We have saved this amount in our development fund via fund raising activities at our annual tournament, quiz nights, raffles etc.
POTENTIAL FURTHER FUNDING
No other funding identified
Through club volunteers we have obtained a good proportion of the labour costs of the quotes amounting to some £3000
What projects are eligible?
Community Forum Budget funding can be used to support a wide range of new and existing projects and activities – the key test is that supported projects and activities will need to show that they are appropriate, feasible and sustainable.
To be appropriate, projects and activities should:
- Provide value for money.
- Be led by an eligible group or organisation (see below).
- Link to one or more of the six priorities of the Leicestershire Sustainable Community Strategy. These priorities are:
- Supporting individuals and families
- Delivering effective services
- Protecting our environment
- Improving our communities
- Enhancing children’s lives
- Developing our economy
To be feasible projects and activities should:
- Be able to spend the funding applied for between January 2012 and 30 June 2012.
- Fulfill all legal requirements and have obtained the consents necessary to deliver the project or activity. These requirements and consents may include planning permission, consent from landowner(s), statutory undertakers and the Highway Authority and regulations relating to health and safety, protection of vulnerable people, wildlife etc.
To be sustainable, projects and activities should:
- Provide some lasting or longer term benefits for the community forum area.
- Ongoing projects should be capable of continuing without reliance on further public funding.